I want my children to enjoy being homeschooled. Even though I wouldn’t allow them the go to public school even if they wanted to. (Not trying to start a debate here, my husband and I simply agree that public school is not the best option for our children.)
I recently asked the girls to tell me why they enjoy homeschooling. Here are their responses:
- We can have school whenever we want. Even on the weekends and in summer. Read about our Upside Down Homeschool. (Shaylie- age 7)
- We get to stay home with Mommy and Daddy and go on fun field trips. Homeschooling Happens Everywhere. (Nevaeh- age 6)
- We don’t get sick as much. (Shaylie) She attended public pre-K for one year and was sick almost the entire year. This is what she remembers.
- The teachers aren’t as mean. (Shaylie) It makes me laugh that she said “as mean”. Maybe I need to work harder on how I present myself. I don’t want to be a mean teacher. Love is more important than Language Arts.
- We don’t have people who pick on us. (Shaylie) Agreed. This is a bully-free zone.
- Math is more fun at home. (Nevaeh)
- We get to read the Bible during school. (Nevaeh) Woo-hoo! Yes, we do sweet girl!!
- Days are shorter. (Shaylie)
- Science experiements are fun. (Nevaeh)
- We don’t have to wake up early. (Both girls and their Mommy!)
Linking up to Top Ten Tuesday!