This week at Upside Down Homeschooling is Back To School Week!
Yes, technically our homeschool has been back in sessions since mid-June, but we have recently taken a much needed (yes, already- don’t judge!) two week break and are getting back into the swing of things today.
I love the feeling of preparing to go back to school, no matter if it’s from a two week break or an extended end of year break. I love the anticipation and the hope that comes along with starting back to something we love.
I could write a list a mile long of things I love about the back to school season. But to save you guys from being bored to tears, I’ll just stick with just a few.
- I love planning! I enjoy planning anything really: vacation, parties, baby showers, weddings, grocery shopping, meal list, etc. But what I really love planning is our school year. More info about that on Thursday along with a really awesome giveaway! Stay tuned!!
- New curriculum. The few days following buying curriculum for a new school year is like Christmas morning for me. I could stay lost in the new materials for days. Meanwhile, my husband remains in a state of shock after witnessing the massive withdrawal from our checking account.
- 4 words: Back To School Sales. Seriously, it’s the equivalent to Black Friday for me. You just can’t beat $0.25 crayons!
- The anticipation of seeing what God will do with this new year and being in constant prayer for Him to guide our days.
- Getting our routine back! Our days just run so much more smoothly when we have a predictable school routine. I don’t hear “I’m bored” nearly as often, and that my dear friends is a blessing in itself.
I asked my Facebook and Twitter homeschooling friends to share what excites them most about the new school year:
- Amy says: “I love new supplies, new books, new curriculum! I get excited when I see back to school sales! This year I am extremely excited about homeschooling my 9th grader for the first time!”
- Alison says: “Starting year 2 in a few weeks, and I have to say it’s the thought sand plans rolling around in my head about the things we will be doing. Not the book work, but the real life learning. Because I work from home Fridays are our day out. I love planning things for our Fridays!”
- Kara says: “Fresh beginnings. At the end of the year I always feel frustrated about all we didn’t accomplish. The beginning of the year is full of new opportunities.
- Christy says: “New opportunities to learn new things with my kiddos!!”
- Michelle says: “I’m excited to get back to a routine, and even more excited to teach my daughter to read (K)!”
Join in the conversation! What excites you most about the Back To School season?